We Will Pickup Your
Used Stuff in New York
DONTATE YOUR UNUSED STAFF EASILY
Furniture, Appliances & Other Pickups
Whether you’re renovating your home, cleaning out your garage, downsizing or decluttering, NYCGoing accepts your gently-used furniture, appliances, cabinetry, building materials and other household items.
It’s easy: To donate, please submit photos of the donation item/items to email@example.com – no phone calls please. Someone will return your email in 48 hours, and will let you know if the NYCGoing can accept your items.
Donating to the NYCGoing is good for NYC and for you: all proceeds from the store support New York charity programs.
Appliances: All appliances must be in 100% working order and must be clean with all knobs present. Please include any owners’ manuals if you have them, as they add value to your donation.
Air Conditioners: Window units. Less than 7 years old
Stoves: Gas or Electric, less than 7 years old
Cook Top/Range: Gas or Electric, less than 5 years old
Washer & Dryer: Gas or Electric, less than 10 years old
Dishwashers: We are prohibited by Federal Law from selling dishwashers.
Refrigerators: Stainless steel or white only. Less than 10 years old. No harvest gold, avocado green, brown
All flooring must be in original manufacturer’s boxes.
Wall tile Min.: 100 sq ft. | Floor tile Min.: 300 sq ft. | Hardwood floor Min. 500 sq ft. | Carpeting: Min.12’x12’, new only
Area Rugs: new only
• Cabinets: We prefer kitchen cabinets as a complete set, but will take individual cabinets, depending on the type of cabinet and current inventory. Whenever possible, cabinetry should include all hardware pieces and shelving.
• Countertops: NEW ONLY. Straight sections only with no holes. Minimum 8’ length.
(must be in working condition, with charger if applicable)
• Hand Tools (Hammer, Screwdriver, Measuring Tape, T-Square, Pliers, Wrenches, Saws, Sawhorses, Socket & Bits set)
• Power Tools: Drills/Screw Gun/Impact Driver, Nail Gun, Saws (bandsaw, chainsaw, circular saw, chop saw, Jigsaw, Miter saw, reciprocating saw/Sawz-All/Sabre saw, table saw, Sanders, Tile/Brick Cutter), Sanders (belt sander, floor sander, orbital sander)
• Outdoor Tools: Lawn Mower, Weed Wacker, Power Washer, rakes, shovels
All furniture must be clean & cosmetically attractive (no rips, no tears, no stains, no pet damage).
• Upholstered: only from retailers/dealers, or floor models from furniture stores
• Hardwood: Tables (dining room, bedside), Dressers, Bedframes, Coffee/End Tables, Bookshelves. We will accept children’s furniture (e.g. small tables, chairs) but we cannot accept cribs.
• Office Furniture: Please call prior to donating Office Furniture. Must be assessed beforehand by a ReStore Staff Member.
Lighting: Hanging Chandeliers, Floor/Table Lamps if lamp shade is in good condition.
Electrical Supplies: 110V & 220 V Wire, switches, switch plates, junction boxes, fuses, breakers, connectors, conduit.
Fans: We accept Ceiling Fans and Box Fans if they are complete and in working condition only.
Hardware: Hinges, cabinet handles, door knobs, bolts, lock sets with key only.
Nails & Screws: Must be in a manufacturers package with size specifications to be accepted
Mirrors: Mirrors must be framed and intact to be accepted. No chips, no cracks.
Paint: UNOPENED, LATEX PAINT ONLY. Liquid latex paint (no dry or solid paint) in original container with original label attached.
Plumbing: Copper, PVC and ABS fittings all OK Pipe, copper black, galvanized and PVC & ABS
Sinks: Bathroom and Kitchen, Stand-alone or Undermounted. No chips, no stains, no rust marks.
Toilets: We accept toilets only if they are in working condition and are the low flush (1.6 gallon) type. They must be clean!! We will not take a dirty toilet under any circumstance. Low Flow ONLY (1.6L) No chips, must be clean.
Tubs: Fiberglass bathtubs, walk-in bathtubs. No chips and no rust stains, must be clean.
Windows: Thermo pane or double insulated glass. No storm windows. No windows older than 5 years. Prefer new windows.
Window Coverings: blinds (no metal), shades or drapes – no rips, no stains
Do Not Accept
Due to new federal regulations we can no longer accept plumbing items that deliver potable water. Products subject to this law include: pipes, fittings, and fixtures that may provide water for human consumption (drinking, teeth brushing, food preparation). This restriction includes kitchen and bathroom sink faucets, and water heaters along with the plumbing fittings that lead to these items:
• Kitchen faucets
• Bathroom sink faucets
• Water heaters
• Pipes and pipe fittings leading to theses faucets/appliances
• Household Electronics: TV’s, DVD players, VCR’s, computer monitors/towers, keyboard/mouse, printers, faxes
• Media: Books, CDs, records, DVDs, VHS tapes
• OPENED cans of paint, or unopened paint which is not Low VOC
• Lumber, Railings, mantels, moldings
• Mattresses OR Box-Springs
• Vinyl Siding
• Swingsets or playground equipment
• Pools (above or below ground)
• Garage Doors
• Hazardous Materials: Hazardous is defined as anything that poses substantial or potential threats to public health or the environment. Any substance that is ignitable/flammable, reactive, corrosive or toxic can be deemed hazardous waste, including: pesticides, acids (e.g. battery, muriatic, boric), items that contain mercury (e.g. CFL bulbs), household cleaning products, fuels and oils.